The Charlottesville Low-Income Housing Coalition’s progress and successes to date stem in large part from the overwhelming support of local residents, citizens, and members of the broader Charlottesville community. However, in order to continue to advocate for racial and economic justice in the city, CLIHC needs your support! Here are a number of ways to get involved:
Sign out petition to City Council here.
On-going action items:
- Sign up to receive updates and requests for action here
- Attend Charlottesville City Planning Commission meetings
- Second Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm at City Hall, City Council Chambers
- Please plan to attend the meeting on June 26th 2018 to comment on the Comprehensive Plan. More details here.
- Attend Charlottesville Housing Advisory Committee meetings
- Every 3rd Wednesday, 12pm in Basement Conference Room of City Hall
Donate to the Public Housing Association of Residents (PHAR)
PHAR is the recognized “resident advisory board” for public housing in Charlottesville. The organization is made up entirely by and for people living in public housing. It plays a crucial role in advocating for affordable housing in Charlottesville.
Donate to the Legal Aid Justice Center’s Civil Rights and Racial Justice Program.
Among the many impactful programs at the Legal Aid Justice Center (LAJC), the Civil Rights and Racial Justice Program targets the root issues of poverty and connections among policing, poverty, race, and injustice.